Genesis II E-435 NG regulator

Kim Knapp

I know similar questions have been asked, but I didn't find my answer, sorry.
I assembled and hooked up my grill, yesterday. It replaces a built-in grill so I can move it out of the weather as needed.
The gas line at this location had a regulator, apparently to bring the condo pressure down to what was required by the built-in.
My E-435 II came with a regulator (labeled 3-6", I believe) at the manifold end of the gas hose, so I assumed this takes the place of the old regulator.
Questions:
1. Seems like the pressure is a bit strong. When only one burner is on, it doesn't blow itself out, but at full heat/lighting position, the flame seems to be separating a bit from the burner. With more burners on this changes to what looks like normal. Is this what I should expect. We are at sea level.
2. During "burn-in", with all burners on full, the temperature climbed to 650 degrees. Does this sound about right?
3. With only the tow outermost burners on and set all the way to their lowest positions, the temp was still pretty high, 350 degrees. Does this seem right? If so,
4. How do you do low temperature cooking? I may be jumping the gun with this question. I'll do some searching for this answer.

Thanks,
Kim

You need to have someone find out how much pressure is being delivered to your grill. You'll never get answers until this is determined. I am assuming from your description as well the grill is on natural gas not LP

650 would be a bit high but you have to remember that those thermometers are prone to inaccuracy. Even with just one burner on low, you will find that it tough to get down to the lower 200's. But, that is fine as low and slow usually requires indirect heat anyway.
The actual gas pressure at your grill is somewhat complicated issue and Larry has some good advice there.

Back