Genesis E320 LP Restore

RichB NH

TVWBB Fan
Hey Guys, I have a Genesis E-320 LP Grill with Side burner I picked up as a freebie. Looking to fix it up for personal use, maybe.. Overall the grill isn't perfect, but its not horrible, bottom tray is rusted, but legs are good.

Trouble is, I didn't notice when I picked up it up, but the middle valve is stuck, and it looks like it was broken while it was attempted to be fixed by the previous owner. The knob is ruined, and based on how its stuck, something bad happened inside i am sure.

Does anyone have a weber part number for this valve so that I can better search to buy one? or better yet, I am sure someone has a complete center valve assembly they might be willing to let go? Maybe a knob or a set of knobs too? the numbers on them don't seem to give results.

All I can find when searching is for the older grills, or complete Manifolds. In both instances they are pretty expensive.

Thanks!

I will lay you odds nothing bad happened. Just the collar on top of the valve where the stem comes through I will bet is rusted together

You're probably right. unfortunately the brass part that the plastic knob slides onto has been broken and is very stuck, the rounded edge is snapped off and the inside of the plastic knob is rounded out from either using it that way or attempting to.

I had hoped someone on here might have a spare manifold since those grills often times are beyond rehab due to the rusting issues in the legs and cabinets. I figured there would be a ton of them.

Is it possible for me to take the top part that spins with the knob off of a spare Genesis 1000 or Silver Valve and use it on this e320? This seems far fetched as an idea. This is also really not my first choice either as it doesn't seem like it would work.

It looks like I will either have to wait for another cheap or free one, or keep looking for the single valve assembly I need. I don't want to spend $120+ on a complete manifold, this grill is in good shape but not that good.

You will find one. If you can wait, it will happen. FInd an old rusted out one (E3xx grill) that someone is giving away.

Back