Genesis E-320, not impressed so far!

I understand your thoughts on this LMichaels but both my wife and I have forgotten to turn a burner off and have come back a few days later to an empty tank. Now we always turn the tank off and it hasn't happened again. Saves $20.00 and a trip to the refill station. Not as big a problem anymore since I keep 4 tanks now but it still can be a pain to deal with. Much easier just to turn of that main valve. And we do it in Webers prescribed order. Easier that way.

My theory on it is I don't shut the gas meter to my home when I am done using my kitchen range.............................

A few years ago I had a squirrel chew thru the propane hose and it leaked an entire tank of propane. Since that time, I have turned off the tank first and after the flames die down I turn off the burners. I have never had a problem with the OPD doing this. This is on my Geneses 330.
Ray

Read through all the "low/no heat" posts on this and other grilling boards. Even the instructions included with many grills warn to turn the burners off first than the tank. The other argument is like "yeah I know it's illegal to drive 65 in a 50 but I've never gotten a ticket..............................yet". Bottom line because you have not had an issue does not mean you won't. Around here the squirrels fear me LOL. I have a BB gun LOL

Back