Genesis Cart interchangeability?

JohnG

TVWBB Member
So I purchased this 1000 redhead about two weeks ago. I want a 3000 but those seem to be few and far between. 430CE0EA-DDC7-4101-A553-9794B3286FA6.jpeg

I found this newer genesis for $50. Is it possible to combine these two together to create a genesis 3000? Specifically could I place the larger cool box on the the newer frame? I could swap the slats and everything else.

Thanks.
C0ECE57E-CAA4-4BF8-985B-7C4E3042F7F5.png

Hey Jon,

Unfortunately the cookbox on the x000 is wider and it will not fit into the frame from a silver or gold ( year 2000 and later)

Last summer I was hoping to do the same thing, and was advised by @Bruce that it wouldn't fit, but out of curiosity I tried it anyway, and it was off by about 3/4ths of an inch.

Bruce also modified a stainless steel platinum frame to hold a deep box. It is in this thread. you'll see the differences...

Hey Jon,

Unfortunately the cookbox on the x000 is wider and it will not fit into the frame from a silver or gold ( year 2000 and later)

Last summer I was hoping to do the same thing, and was advised by @Bruce that it wouldn't fit, but out of curiosity I tried it anyway, and it was off by about 3/4ths of an inch.

Bruce also modified a stainless steel platinum frame to hold a deep box. It is in this thread. you'll see the differences...

I just read through the thread. I assumed you meant it was 3/4 inch off width wise but the thread says it’s off length wise. So things would just need to be shortened or lengthened to work.

Dan, when you tried it; what was off exactly? Do you remember?

I just read through the thread. I assumed you meant it was 3/4 inch off width wise but the thread says it’s off length wise. So things would just need to be shortened or lengthened to work.

Dan, when you tried it; what was off exactly? Do you remember?
Yes, if you read my thread that is linked to above, https://tvwbb.com/threads/weber-unicorn-alert-ss-platinum-conversion-from-shallow-to-deep-box.88177/ it will explain the modifications need to convert the frame to accept the older deep boxes.

Back