Genesis 5000 “barn find”

MikeinPA

Hey all,
New to forum and so far have read lots of very informative threads so thanks for all the great info!

try to keep this short… there is an old hearth and patio place that’s been out of business for years in my town that has a very old mill/barn. There is apparently a lot of old stuff/leftovers from years back in there. I stopped in a week ago and saw a few grills under dust and covered with other stuff. Come to find out these grills have NEVER BEEN USED…. One of them is an old red head Genesis 5000….. so scooped it up for 150 bucks.

have it at home have cleaned it up and it looks great (see pics)… has a few missing parts though as well as the fact that I hadn’t realized it was a factory NG grill (I thought and they thought it was propane….

MSP now have a few things I need and questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can purchase a LP manifold WITH the fitting needed for the side burner?

2. the “flame check” brass tube I noticed when I had it disassembled was plugged with solder…. Is that normal? And will this affect how it works? I’ve read some of your posts on flam check but still a little confused on why

3. looking for the bracket/pin for the glass doors. The glass doors still have the stickers on them but various brackets missing…

4. also missing one knob for gas control,,, can’t find anywhere.

That’s all I can think of at the moment. Appreciate any feedback you may have!!!!

mike 99FD165E-8227-4BFD-B8F0-C3BE0CF832E0.jpeg42A46FB3-470C-46E2-8FBE-027B9018F195.jpeg

Attachments

• 7285D6E8-DDEF-4278-964E-6F020114CCFB.jpeg
    7285D6E8-DDEF-4278-964E-6F020114CCFB.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 40
Mike in PA said : Does anyone know where I can purchase a LP manifold WITH the fitting needed for the side burner?

Call Weber direct they should have one in stock , I just purchased a brand new propane manifiold for a Genesis 1000 two months ago from them it was listed as "MFLD ASSM GEN 1000-3000" part # 56038 its probably the the same manifold for 1000- 5000 it just has the fiiting with the side burner blocked off when you order it for a Genesis 1000 also it comes from Weber complete with regulator and hose to tank. Or maybe someone on this site TVWBB has one for sale, the new Weber manifold would with regulator would run you about $100.00 bucks .

Last edited:
Re door hinges: I ordered these; have not installed yet but just in eyeballing them, they seem to be a good match to the originals

Antrader Glass Door Pivot Hinge, for 5-6mm Free Swinging Glass Doors, Stainless Steel, Satin Black, Pack of 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2VNDNV/?tag=tvwb-20

You can get chrome, brass, satin finishes etc.
Thanks Tony, this do look quite similar to what I need. For 11 bucks definately worth a shot!!!!

Mike in PA said : Does anyone know where I can purchase a LP manifold WITH the fitting needed for the side burner?

Call Weber direct they should have one in stock , I just purchased a brand new propane manifiold for a Genesis 1000 two months ago from them it was listed as "MFLD ASSM GEN 1000-3000" part # 56038 its probably the the same manifold for 1000- 5000 it just has the fiiting with the side burner block off when you order it for a Genesis 1000 also it comes from Weber complete with regulator and hose to tank. Or maybe someone on this site TVWBB has one for sale, the new Weber manifold would with regulator would run you about $100.00 bucks .
Thanks Bill!! Appreciate the info

Any 1000-5000 manifold would work. You could pick up a junker or one for parts and swap manifolds. May want to ask someone like Bruce if he may have an old LP manifold for a 1000-5000 series grill he would be willing to part sell.

Well, was able to go back to where I got the 5000 and found LP manifold and NOS LP side burner… really lucked out. Maiden voyage tonight,,, is it bad that I hesitate to grill on it being it’s never been used??!
Thanks to the replies and parts some of you shipped me that were missing so glad I found TVWBB!!!!!!!!!!B5D0EB32-A85A-4928-A0BF-96724C991A29.jpeg50C5702C-0287-4287-B411-8AFB723CBCEC.jpeg

I always have a bit of a reservation when firing up a new restoration. :)

Side burner made in USA, those were the days. Love the box, too.

I hear ya Tim. Box is very cool. First time opened the plastic on stainless burner cover was fun after all those years too 🙄

Back