Genesis 3000?

Evan D

Hi All - I'm a total rookie in owning a Weber grill though I've used them regularly.

I had been browsing the forum for a while as a non-user and convinced myself I wanted to rehab an older Weber instead of buying new. I really like the look of the older ones and much prefer the wood side table. Not only that, but I needed one more project to my Coronavirus to do list.

I picked up what I think is a Genesis 3000. All numbers are faded off of the label, and I certainly don't have expertise to determine the year (or the model for that matter).

Due to my inexperience and haste, I realize now (i.e. my best guess) that the frame on this grill was customized so that the prior owner had it bolted directly into a deck. (They also seem to have replaced the folding side table with a basket which I just may keep as a can holder while standing at the grill. I have no problem putting sweat equity into this grill, but don't really know what to do about the frame other than (1) find a frame to replace it, (2) have someone weld an entirely new frame or (3) bolt it back into a base frame (I was thinking I could build a little box for the base and cover it with some turf).

I'd love any ideas/thoughts or any other input. Thank you!grill.jpeg

Actually it was purchased that way. Weber made that model for installation into outdoor kitchens

I had no idea that Weber made a model like that - but it does explain why all the frame members are clean cut and there's no sign of any sloppy welding.

Does that help indicate a year? I suppose I'll end up building a wood frame around it and give it that built-in look, but that's going to be down the road once I get it all cleaned up.

Thank you!

My thoughts are that you have a stationary NG grill there. They do come with the condiment basket and lack of wheels. So ya, it is basically a built in model.

Back