Genesis 3 (model 430000) LP manifold options?

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I did find what looks like the right valve: link
I think the Weber part no. is 11810007 but not 100% sure. Relatively inexpensive, but my advice for those of you running old Weber Genesis 1-5 and 1000-5000 is to unscrew those valves off the manifold and give them a good cleaning. The brass should last forever, very easy cleanup. Just make sure to use some pipe dope or yellow tape to screw them back onto the manifold.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I did find what looks like the right valve: link
I think the Weber part no. is 11810007 but not 100% sure. Relatively inexpensive, but my advice for those of you running old Weber Genesis 1-5 and 1000-5000 is to unscrew those valves off the manifold and give them a good cleaning. The brass should last forever, very easy cleanup. Just make sure to use some pipe dope or yellow tape to screw them back onto the manifold.
Not everybody gets as lucky as you did removing those valves, it's just as likely you'll break one as get it out successfully. You didn't have much choice since you had already changed out tanks and the regulator. This is definitely good advice to anybody that has to do this to get it working again. You can also try removing the valve stem and cleaning the valve that way, you still risk stripping the soft brass screws that hold the valve together. Either way, you have to be careful when your trying to disassemble 25-30 year old parts. P.S. if I didn't mention it before, your grill is beautiful. You did a great job on your restoration!

Thanks Steve for the kind words. I've owned it since 2001 but did not start a full restore until about 6-7 years ago. The final bit was refinishing the wood slats which was a good early pandemic project. I was a bit worried removing the valves but slow and easy did the trick. I remain impressed with the quality and durability of the brass.

If you look back through my old posts I posted about this many years ago. I almost put my 3 yo Genesis to the curb due to it. Finally a nice lady at Weber told me about it. IDK if it happens to all the grills but I know mine was plagued with this at only 3 years old. FWIW I never had to deal with it again

Back