Genesis 3 circa 1990 restoration

Dan, I have cut slats to the same size by bungeeing a bunch of them together then cutting them all at once. I used a circular saw, a sawzall would be like watching me try to weld, which means it would look like a four year old did it. If you have carpenter buddies, then definitely who wouldn't make a few cuts for you especially if you showed up with beer and say I don't know, barbecue?

I'd like to replace the durawood with real wood, but it may be a ways off in the future.

I'm starting with the handles. Also my wood choices are a bit constrained. Redwood is more readily available.

I have two other grill projects that need wood and I think it would be cool if the wood matched.

Lol Dan. Seriously, if you lived by me I would definitely help you make those slats.
Yeah I know. Knowing my friends, if I have a plan and it just needs to be executed on they'll be happy to help.

If its planned out and mapped out and just needs cutting, sanding, planning, some router curves along the edge then it may go fairly quickly.

Back