Genesis 1100 restoration

I'm in NC too....Charlotte!

Perfect timing on the posting of this refurb. I'm picking up this red head later this week which I plan to restore. This will be my first restoration and my first experience with a Weber Gasser so I'm sure I'll have some questions like where's the best place to get parts? I haven't seen this one in person yet so not sure what all it needs but I can tell it will need some work.

That's gonna be a beauty when it's done. For parts I shopped between Amazon, Ebay, and Weber. If you have a serial number, register it with Weber, so you know exactly what you have. I believe it's a Genesis 1000 series like mine. You may need to get creative for things like the lid handle, because I haven't seen older style Genny handles available on the web. If you have any specific questions on it, let us know. Good luck and have fun with it!

Picked it up today and it's a 1996 Model. It was quite dirty as pictured but overall not in too bad a shape. Took it to the car wash and washed off all the external scuzz so I could get a good look at what was good and what needed replacing. Its gonna need shelving and I'm trying to decide whether to just buy a replacement shelf of just mount up some wood for a left side shelf as well as underneath. The grates are actually in great shape but I will still replace them with Stainless Steel Rod Grates since I'm not a fan of the porcelain coated steel. Flavorizer Bars still have plenty of life in them but they too will be replaced with Stainless Steel. Not sure if the ignitor works yet and I know the hose regulator will need replacing. Any recommendation on the correct part number to make sure I'm getting the proper replacement? I'm a little confused I heard they had changed over the years? I've found replacement handles online so I'll place an order for them. Since I haven't been able to light it yet I'm not sure what condition the burners are in though I can tell the central burner needs to be replaced. Since I've found a set online for $24 I guess I should just go ahead and replace all three.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Ok guys, the 1100 is working beautifully. Here are some pics of her in action...

P_20140606_183332.jpg
[/url] image upload free[/IMG]

1400534267253.jpg
[/url] upload an image[/IMG]

Kids love chicken legs, and I have three of them to feed...

Looks great. These older Webers which I've now restored a few of them, are really quite simple. They come apart and go back together nicely - really well designed and built. IMHO, better quality than what Weber sells now in the Spirit and Genesis lines. You can pick them up for free or next to nothing, and with elbow grease and a few new parts (if any) you can have a grill with several more years of service life.

Looks great. These older Webers which I've now restored a few of them, are really quite simple. They come apart and go back together nicely - really well designed and built. IMHO, better quality than what Weber sells now in the Spirit and Genesis lines. You can pick them up for free or next to nothing, and with elbow grease and a few new parts (if any) you can have a grill with several more years of service life.

I agree! These older ones are timeless. I hope Weber keeps parts available as these refurbs seem to be a big hit across the country. I know I got the bug now! I'm finishing up a Silver B for my brother. Should have pics posted soon. And they do cook wonderfully.

Back