Genesis 1000 Wheel Upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter DouglasW
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone looking to replace the wheels on a Genesis 1000 (or other grill with a 3/8” diameter axle) with more robust wheels/tires, consider this good option.
I have never bothered to contemplate replacing the wheels on a grill, but I can offer this related advice.

When my kids were smaller, I would replace the wheels on a lot of wagons, and ride ons and things like that that we dragged home from the curb. The axle nuts were similar to what Weber uses. I had about 50% success reusing those axle nuts. Also, I only needed to remove one nut to pull the entire axle and both the wheels. If you ever need axle nuts and/or axles, look at kid toys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If nothing else, this thread has prompted me to throw out my accumulation of “flower power” Weber wheels as I like to call them. I quit counting after about a dozen in the bin and can’t imagine why I ever bothered to save them in the first place. They are just so awful ugly. All I need now is a discussion on swing up and side tables to light a fire under me to purge a tote or two of those next.
View attachment 77913
I agree those aren't the best looking wheels that Weber used. Were you replacing those with similar wheels on restorations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back