Genesis 1000 Tank Scale Gauge Question

Brian O’Donnell

TVWBB Member
So, I've had a Genesis 1000 sitting in my garage for over a year just waiting to be redone. But, life happens… I am finally just about done with the rehab. I have question about the tank scale. I printed off the .pdf that is floating around on this site and a neighbor of mine was able to make a paint stencil of it using his laser cutter. But I just realized that I'm not sure how high on the leg the sticker was applied. Does anyone have any idea how high up the bottom of the stencil should be positioned? I am looking for measurement off the bottom of the stand. Not from the ground and including the wheel. Thanks in advance!

Top of the sticker is 8.5 inches down from the cross member.

Bottom of the sticker is 12 5/8 up from the bottom of the leg.

This is on (I believe) a 98 genesis but not certain on the year.

I changed the scale to a Silver B style but that part of the frame is a 1000.

And my tank is empty...

20211108_113147.jpg

It's easier to measure from the top down. 1998 Genesis 1200 Platinum, 8.25" on mine. You can adjust the tank scale for empty (tare) weight. HTH

20211108_113515.png20211108_113525.jpg

Another option is put an empty tank on the scale, and locate where E needs to be.

Full doesn't matter if it is off a little but getting it lined up for E is what you'll want

Yeah, I don't trust the gauge too much when it gets close to empty. The tare weight varies from tank to tank if you have more than one tank. I use a <$10 luggage scale (because I already had one for another purpose) when it gets low to know if I will need to change the tank during the next cook.

Yeah, I don't trust the gauge too much when it gets close to empty. The tare weight varies from tank to tank if you have more than one tank. I use a <$10 luggage scale (because I already had one for another purpose) when it gets low to know if I will need to change the tank during the next cook.
Good point on the empty tank weight.

Back