Genesis 1000 Lid End Panels

DannyGarcia

TVWBB Super Fan
Do you guys think it will be fine if the powder coater sprays the inside of the end caps with high heat coating ? I asked them not to spray the inside of the cookbox but wondering if it will matter on the endcaps.

Im waiting for a call back from them regarding the temp rating but I assume if its high enough it will be fine.

Edit : I searched and searched here to find a pic of someones finished painted end panels after blasting but have nad no luck ...

Last edited:
I'd keep the inside of the endcaps bare myself. Wherever painted parts are inside they could do some off-gassing, especially at high temps. If it's too late, the high heat nature of the coating should keep that to a minimum.

I'd keep the inside of the endcaps bare myself. Wherever painted parts are inside they could do some off-gassing, especially at high temps. If it's too late, the high heat nature of the coating should keep that to a minimum.

I think I got ahead of it , just curious if it made a difference. I dont think I would do the inside of the cookbox but the end panels might be ok ? I need to know the rating on their powder.

I sent them some pics as well as to what should and should not be sprayed so lets see what happens ...

Back