Geneis EP310 LP left burner extinguishes after being lit

John Chrisman

Hello,

New user, first time post. Apologies if something is out of place with my question.

The left burner on my @6 year old 310/Crimson goes out after being lit for several minutes. It will relight immediately, but then go out again. The middle and right burner seem to be running ok.

Anyone have any ideas to solving this issue? Ive cleaned the burner and when it is lit the flame looks like the middle and right do.

I'm not sure if I've left out any important details to help someone help me. I'm pretty close to moving on to a brand new unit. Maybe the new copper color!

Thanks in advance,
John Chrisman
Coatesville, PA

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum John.

My guess is that you have some kind of obstruction inside the burner or even the manifold. I would start by removing the burner from the grill and cleaning out the inside as well as the outside. If you pull it out and you see insect webs or anything else abnormal in there, then you probably found the problem. Just clean it all out and reinstall it and get back to cooking. The manifold is a bit tougher. You will have to remove it and remove at least the offending valve and see if something is maybe blocking the valve or inside the manifold.
I guess my next thought would be the regulator on the hose being bad. I feeds the entire manifold so it stands to reason that the problem would have to be after the regulator. But, I have seen odd issues due to regulators not running correctly.

I am sure others will chime in as well. But I just hope you will come back and post all of your troubleshooting activities and what did and did not work. Good Luck,
Bruce

Back