Gas Hose Replacement

Mark Q

TVWBB Member
I've got a Weber Genesis Silver C bought in 2001 and have never replaced the gas hoses. Every time I turn the gas on/off I think to myself I should probably replace the hoses as a preventative measure. Seems to me the hoses can crack and eventually fail over time just like any other rubber hose might. I finally ordered a new regulator hose with some other stuff and am going to replace that part. I'm just curious if other people replace their hoses before they fail or am I concerned about nothing (I always turn the gas off at the tank when not in use).

I would replace it. The hose on my old Genesis Silver lasted 11 years until a squirrel bit into the hose. I smelled the propane when I went on the deck and thought it was natural gas (I have that in my house for heat). Called the gas company and they came immediately and found the problem. They also showed me that the hose was getting brittle and could have failed at any time. I was blown away with the smell of the propane and decided I would never have hoses over 10 year old.
Ray

they actually seem to last a long time. not sure they need to be replaced just because. but if it makes you feel better then by all means do it.

Back