Garbage Find Webere Genesis Silver A

dsitterson

TVWBB Super Fan
Found in garbage looks restore able..never done a gasser...think I can get buy with new burner tubes and maybe a ignitor..it works ok...the grill lights but just a few holes at the end of the tube have a flame ...that is why I am thinking burner tube..they look like they should have a more flame...the other areas of the grill look ok to resore...
http://i287.photobucket.com/al...tterson/IMAG0195.jpg
IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

The crossover tube looks like it's shot. What I see ofd the burner tubes look OK - might need to have the holes cleaned out. But you may not find the crossover tubes w/out the burner rubes so it may not matter.

Flavorizers and grate look good. They may be stainless steel. You can tell by checking them with a magnet.

I have a Silver A and I like it. I gave my Gold B to my fishing buddy and he likes it. (It's his only grill.) I have charcoal including a 26 for when I need something bigger.

Yea. the cross over is shot ..the other ones looked ok but only flame came out 4 holes at the end farthest from the starter. I have a 20 charcoal but would also like a 26..... have a lodge also....saw it in you post....think I might try to restore so I have a gasser ....

I like havoing a gasser so when I want to grill some veggies I can fire it up and in a couple minutes it's ready to go. A couple minutes later I can shut it down when the veggies are done.

DSC_3856-PP.JPG

Great find!

I agree, it looks like the crossover tube is shot on it. I had the same problem with mine when I restored it. A call to weber and I had one ordered though, they should be able to help you out with any parts you will need. Also, you might try checking the ends of the burners closest to the knobs where the spider guards are. Those might be plugged.

The flavorizers and grates are probably the most expensive thing and those look like they are in good shape.

Good luck on your restore!

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

I have a new burner, drip pan, and ignition on the way...my two concerns are the frame pretty rusted where the tank hangs and the base where the wheels attach.

Should I pain the interior or just leave it?

Should I scape down the frame or just leave it?

That wire basket looks like a bear to scrape and paint.

Well update as I progress...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dsitterson:
I have a new burner, drip pan, and ignition on the way...my two concerns are the frame pretty rusted where the tank hangs and the base where the wheels attach.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">How rusted are they? Is it rusted through? If not I would get a wire brush or something and grind down the rusted areas to bare metal and then repaint them.</span>

Should I pain the interior or just leave it?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">By interior do you mean the interior of the fire box? If so then no. I would just leave it as it is and "spray some Pam on it"
icon_smile.gif
</span>

Should I scape down the frame or just leave it?

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I would clean the frame really good with 0000 steel wool and 409, touch up any rusted areas with paint and then polish with some auto paint polish</span>

That wire basket looks like a bear to scrape and paint.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">I think I would just give it a good scrub with some 409 and 0000 steel wool. I think you will be surprised with how well it will clean up!</span>

Well update as I progress... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, check out my restore here. It sounds like you have some of the same questions I was asking and Here is my post of my finished product.

Definitely do keep us updated on the progress. It's going to look great when your done
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank B:
I like havoing a gasser so when I want to grill some veggies I can fire it up and in a couple minutes it's ready to go. A couple minutes later I can shut it down when the veggies are done.

DSC_3856-PP.JPG
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the CI grate design or are they upside down?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark F:

Is that the CI grate design or are they upside down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's a CI grate that was on our property when we moved here in '87. It has a lot of bars (about 50% coverage) and the bars are about 3/4" top to bottom so it makes a great grate! It's a little short front to back to fit on the ledge in the Silver A so it sits just above the flavorizers. It's a little short left to right so I have fit a part of another grate to fill the space (There ware a bunch of grates that the previous owners used.) The actual size is also perfect to sit on top of the grate in a 22 kettle. It's just narrow enough to allow the hinged portions to open and corner to diagonal corner it just fits. Due to it's excellent properties and fit in a number of grills, I call it my magic grate.

Back