Frozen Pulled Pork - Whaddaya Doo?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi Folks.

We've got a few large Lip-Zok bags of pulled pork after our 80-person BBQ. It's not too heavily smoked; pulled at 190 degrees; with hickory, cherry, and alder wood; making neatly pulled strands of pork meat that has been frozen in freezer bags.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

It would be a shame for this to be wasted. I'd appreciate ideas on how to use it. What's your favorite Freeze-Q recipe?

Much thanks,

Scott.

Scott,

I like to take some of that leftover pork, heat it, and then wrap it up in some warm corn tortillas along with some hot sauce and guacamole if you wish. The smoked pork makes for a great taco.

Mr S.

[This message has been edited by Mr Squeaky (edited 09-18-2001).]

We put just the amount we're going to eat in a bowl covered with a paper towel and microwave it til its serving temp. The microwave doesn't dry it out like conventional methods of heat. Apply some finishing sauce to a good hamburger bun or some white bread and your good to go.

I just posted an excellent recipe for Green Pork Chili that I found on the BBQ Forum earlier this month. It?s in the recipe section:
http://tvwbb.101inc.com/tvwbubb/Forum2/HTML/000075.html

I?ve also used pulled pork in more traditional chili recipes, in place of the ground beef, when I needed to clean out the refrigerator. I?ve never been disappointed, but I do think leftover beef brisket does a better job in a tomato based chili recipe.

Enjoy!

Mike

PS: Where exactly do you buy Lip-Zok bags?
smile.gif

Mike

[This message has been edited by Michael Vrobel (edited 09-21-2001).]

Ok. Thanks Guys. I'll try all of the above over the next few weeks and report back.

Cheers,

Scott.

Hi Scott!

I am making Pulled Pork One-Pot Jambalaya for our camping trip today. Never made Jamba with just pork so will report back how it turns out.

Other ways I use pulled pork is in most any Mexican dish....tamales, quesadillas, enchiladas, burros, tacos, etc.

For my brisket, I use it in these same Mexican recipes but also use it for Chinese stir fry.

Stogie

Next time, you might not want to pull all of your pork. Leave a couple Butts whole. They freeze and reheat much, much better that way. If you need more at your party, you can pull some more as you need it, or pull one roast at a time. Depends on how much time and help you have. I like to pull mine in fairly large chunks, not all the way down to stringy fibers. The meat holds the juices much better.

[This message has been edited by Rocky (edited 09-22-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back