FROM BILL @ TEXAS BBQ RUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
I sent Bill @ Texas BBQ Rub an e-mail today thanking him for the discount for the WSM forum members and asked if he had a recipe for putting the # 1 rub on peanuts. Here is his reply.
Hi Bryan, First i want to express my gratitude to all of those on your forum that took the time to order and give our rubs a try.
Number 1 rub on peanuts is something i have played with a bit. I have personally tried it on cashews and have come up with a couple of decent things. These would apply to peanuts as well. I used raw nuts and added to that enough honey to coat the nuts. I usally cook the nuts in a glass bowl in the microwave. After they have cooked like 5 minutes i stir them up and add the honey(it does not take very much like 1/4 cup of honey to 2 cups of nuts). Then i stir and add some of the number 1 rub to coat and then pour them out on the new non stick aluminum foil. Let them cool and they do very good and taste great.
I have tried butter instead of the honey and it worked as well.
I will get back to playing with that recipe one of these days and keep ya'll posted on any break thru i find
Again, thanks to all of ya'll. We will do this again.
Bill Cannon
Texas BBQ Rub

Made the Texas BBQ #1 Rub peanuts OMG they are so goooooood. Posted recipe and proceedure in the recipe forum under Appetizers,Side Dishes, & Beverages. Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back