Free Apple Wood (Mid Illinois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Munson

TVWBB Super Fan
Just noticed a reply to my february posting. If anyone wants some apple wood, drop me an email at dmunson@mtco.com. Give me enough time & I will cut you 6 to 8 inch long logs: the perfect size for the WSM.

I am located between Peoria, Peru, Bloomington and La Salle in Illinois. About two miles from the intersection of highway 18 & 26 or about 4 miles from Henry, Illinois.

you have no idea how i wish you were closer... no idea

apple wood... if i could only find some apple wood around here...
icon_frown.gif

Dave I have been wanting to talk to you about this for quite some time.......I will be emailing you VERY shortly...thanks.

Big Al

Y'all want to know what I did with most of the wood in February? I had piles and piles from trimming the trees in the winter. With no one wanting any, I had a pro come out and mulch it all (almost all of it anyway). Ended up with a mulch pile about the size of my pick-up; height, width and length. Still have a small pile left of mulch left. I should have more than enough smoking wood to share. I will have more this coming winter.

Apple trees get trimmed in winter. My perfect time is late January or so. The ground still frozen but clear of snow. I also trim during the summer if the trees break due to too many apples. (Have a few large yellow delicious branches that I had to cut last week still on the ground).

Picture from February Last.
wood.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back