Franken-weber Silver C restoration in progress

TMorris

All,

I've been a Weber fan for years, great to meet up with you all here.

I'm in the process of cleaning up a 2005+ Silver C model. It was formerly a NG unit that my parents gave me about a year back. It's in really great shape, always covered. A little rust on the frame.

I don't have NG, but LP instead. I've been using an older (pre-2005) Silver B with 20# tanks, but I recently moved to a house with 500# of propane on site.

First step was to get that LP piped to the location of my grill on my deck:
IMG_2496_zpsqiscawkk.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the Silver B, but I took all of the internals - manifold, burners, flavorizer bars (stainless), and grates (stainless) and swapped them in to the Silver C:
IMG_2487_zpszhhsro24.jpg

IMG_2491_zpsziggphee.jpg

About $6-worth of fittings from Lowes allowed me to get the side burner hooked up in to the manifold:
IMG_2489_zpslnrrxfno.jpg

Some things on my list of things to do...

I need to get a new orifice or valve for the side burner. This one is still set for NG and the flame is, obviously, outrageous when I light it. Willing to trade with anyone if they have an LP orifice (I believe main burner and side burner use the same 12,000 Btu/hr orifice), otherwise looking for recommendations for inexpensive source for new orifice.
IMG_2492_zpslejtaiwo.jpg

Some other things on my to-do list:
  • New wheels
  • Aftermarket stainless flavorizer bars
  • Aftermarket stainless grates

This grill is a great-looking and great-working grill, but one thing I've always noticed is that the heat on the right side seems to be a bit stronger than the heat on the left. Not terribly bad like you get with those CharBroil/Charmglow units, but noticeable. Common with these grills?

Back