For those struggling over "cold-smoking" on the Weber...

Joel Gilchrist

This is an easy way to "cold-smoke" with the Weber Smoky Mountain... for those with the luxury of having two. In seeing the diagram, place your coals and wood in the small smoker, run the dryer-hose to the big smoker, and place your cheese, nuts, etc. (whatever you're cold-smoking), in the large smoker. Viola'. (Do this at night, so the internal temp of the large smoker is near-zero.
31517_1481926089782_1282711530_31335379_8018468_s.jpg

Sorry, ya'll... right click and save the picture and then zoom in. Can't read my "diagram" on the site... the picture is too small.

Joel,
If you want to make that photo readable, resize it to ~800pixels wide, upload it to Photobucket and paste the "IMG" address (from Photobucket) in your message.
Works like a charm!
HTH

Interesting setup! What have you tried smoking?

I've been doing a bit of cold smoking in a GA.

Since then I've been experimenting with a proq cold smoke generator in my OTG and I really like it - It's simple cheap, effective and mine burns for over 11 hours on a load. I find that the results are better with a little smoke over a long period compared with the more intense smoke over a shorter period which I was getting with my GA.

-Mark.

Mark...

I'm smoked several different types of cheeses (with AWESOME results), and some pork-belly that was cured, for bacon, also with good results (if not a bit too salty). Overall, I think this way is pretty easy, convenient, and effective, if you have two Smoky Mountains.

Back