For those of you who have external grease buckets

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So for those of you who have some of the more "old style" pellet grills and want a way to close up that grease bucket. I saw this and it looks pretty nice

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a SS 4cup steam inset which fits the drip bucket perfectly. Simple to take out & clean after cook; no grease to attract four-foot gourmets. Not a fan of disp trays. Just my $0.02

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 3
Pretty neat device if you have a need for it!

Never had a problem with the grease bucket on the Traeger. It sits under a Grillzebo and is kept covered so overflow due to rain/snow not a problem. Even though we live in an ag heavy area, with wet desert all around us, we never see any wildlife in the yard except for birds and the occasional mouse. No pets anymore either.

Following the federal government’s Reclamation Act of 1902, the valley around Fallon became one the of the first conservation projects of the newly formed Bureau of Reclamation. The bureau project ultimately led to the building of Derby and Lahontan Dams and an irrigation district which today operates 380 miles of canals delivering water to farms throughout the valley. From this abundance of water, Fallon has been called the “Oasis of Nevada” since 1948.

In my old gmg I found a pickle jar worked perfectly in the bucket. Later I found some
disposable inserts and went with them.
The pickle jar was never a problem, just put the lid back on it and into the garbage.

I am just so happy neither of my pellet grills don't have those buckets hanging off the side. I looked long and hard for that feature.

Back