? for caterers or people who sell in small quantaties

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Just a quick one. I have alot of people recently asking me to smoke them things as a couple butts or a few whole salmon fillets. How much should I charge people. They are mostly aquaintances (sp?) otherwise I would do it for free for firends or family. Do you guys charge a flat fee? I was thinking about charging $15-20 per salmon fillet, not including the cost of meat. Is this reasonable. Any comments or suggestions would be apprecieated.

Thanks!!!

When cooking for friends, they buy the meat or fish, and the charcoal to cook it, for a full days smoke I like to get $40.00 - $100.00, $40.00 to close friends rising to $100.00 to not so close friends co-workers in other departments, etc.

For family I cook what they provide, and split the charcoal costs 50/50.

I have also catered a couple of family weddings with feeding 150 guests at one and 200 at the other, I cut them a big break on the costs, and the bills came in about 55% of a reasonable price per person, Hors d'oeurves, traditional pork / beef / chicken bbq dishes smoked and non-smoked, salads and vegetables, fruit and fruit cocktail, they provided the room, the decorations, the bar, and the cake at just under $8.00 / head, I got to keep the leftovers and gave the student friends who helped staff the buffet $50.00 a person and a great doggie bag for helping out.

I then donated the rest of the money I made to a charity to feed the homeless, as Xmas was only a week away, they also got some of the meat too.

Back