Foiling the water pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveM.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone, I have a question, well 2. My first is I don't understand why some WSM users foil the water pan and others don't. Secondly is it wise to go buy the Brinkman pan when we are just starting out? Thanks for all your help guys and gals. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Steve,

The main advantage to foiling the water pan is the ease of clean-up. Some also will foil the water pan, leave it empty, in order to achieve higher temps when doing chicken.

I bought the Brinkmann pan after about a month of owning the WSM. If you notice the WSM water pan is not the sturdiest. The Brinkmann pan sits well inside, very sturdy, and does hold double the quantity of water or sand. Good Luck!

I have helped many friends setup new WSM's. We mount a new Ashcroft temp gauge in dome of each and replace the water pan even before the first burn. It works better, it fits better why wait?
Am shipping one to a friend in Italy in a few days and it will be all modified and ready to go when it arrives complete with a USA therm and a brinkman charcoal pan. Might include a little bag of mequite, a polder and a chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back