Flank Steak, water in pan or not

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Cookingsome flank steaks, temp to be 200 to 225. SHould I put water in the water pan or not?

I do flank steak quite a bit when making fajitias. My prefered method is to marinade over night using the Alton Brown reciepe, I then grill them on the Weber charcoal grill, using as high a temps as possible much as I would any other type of steak. I have never done flank steak on the smoker.

Unless you are making jerky, I'm not sure that low and slow will give you the results you want for flank steak. I marinate them and give them very brief high heat treatment on the Weber kettle.

When you are grilling flank steak...I am doing two tonight...I have read high heat, med heat, low heat..etc "works best".

Since the meat is so thin, I would think that I would do one and a half chimneys or two chimneys to get it wicked hot.

Am I looking for rare or medium for the best results. If rare I am thinking 2 minutes on the first side and three on the second?

Any opinions? Any experts?

I cook mine on the weber kettle.

I use a marinade for about an hour the alton brown's works good but there are others.

I use one chimney of lump.

I like them medium rare. About 2-3 minutes on on one side and 2 minutes on the other side.

Cut thin on angle.

Always turn out good.

It seems they cook so quick I figure it will be a waste of charcoal to only cook the steak. I think I'll be throwing on some chicken breasts and such for the rest of the week's meals.

Back