Fixed my wobbly legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark R-S

TVWBB Fan
I bought a new Master Touch Gold (pimped OTG)recently, but the legs were very loose and would fall off when I picked it up, and the whole thing was just very wobbly. A friend who bought a similar grill at about the same time had the same problem. One phone call to Weber, and they sent us new legs.

Here's a picture with a new leg on the left, and an old one on the right...

DSCF4554.JPG

The new legs are flared, and fit much tighter, so no more wobbling or falling out. I've read about other people having similar problems, so it seems like from time to time somebody forgets to flare the legs.

-Mark.

I can not remember how many times the legs would fall out moving the Web... finally it happened the last time.
I drilled and pinned all three legs on every one I owned.
No more leg wobble or fall-out.

Hi Mark,
All of my Kettles were picked up used (exception is the Red one, I bought it new '86). The first "Mod" I make on them is adding Foil to the top of the legs. It's the temporary fix I use until I add longer legs to raise them to a more comfortable working height for me.

i just take the legs out and re expand them by putting a pipe into the leg and while holding the leg and pie i hit the pipe with a hammer and eventually the leg expands back out. it takes a looooong time before the legs come loose as i don't move mine much.

I don't think the legs on my grill are flared out. Its been wobbly ever since I got it. I never move my grill around but it annoys me when my kettle wobbles when I sweep ash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
I don't think the legs on my grill are flared out. Its been wobbly ever since I got it. I never move my grill around but it annoys me when my kettle wobbles when I sweep ash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the photo it's possible to see the point at which the new leg is flared. When the legs are installed in their sockets it's still possible to see the flare, but the important thing is that they're a nice tight fit and don't wobble or fall out.

-Mark.

I thought it would have been quite simple to stop the legs falling out by screwing them in, or wrapping them in foil, but as the grill was brand new and cost almost $400 I thought that I shouldn't have to do this
icon_smile.gif

-Mark.

Mark,
I agree with you. For that amount of money I would want the "Non-Wobbly" edition too. I glad that Weber CS fixed your problem right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back