first time smokin' ribs...

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hello all! I just wanted to start this post for the simple fact to get some thank-yous out while I am thinking about them.

So... I am smoking some ribs and had started them around 12 / noonish / my time. I am doing the 3-2-1 method and will probably leave the ribs in the foil a little longer than the average of 45 minutes that I have read simply due to the fact that I had issues getting my temps to level out above 190. The smoker I am using is an ECB Smoke 'n Grill that I picked up earlier in the week.

I am using a pecan rub with hickory chips n the coals, and I washed the ribs when I foiled them with a pecan wash and a bbq wash that I made. So far they look awesome! I will have pics posted a little later when I am not using my cell phone as a data link =)

Again, I want to thank everyone who has ever posted on this forum because I don't think my first time would be soooo nice as it is right now if I hadn't had this forum to give me the advice I have gotten. EVEN WITHOUT POSTING FIRST!

Well, time to clean a little before the folks come over for dinner! =)

Thanks Ray!

I think I might have an issue with a couple of racks being a little too tender. I think those will come off the grill here.

well, the ribs were excellent! even though two racks were a little over done. If I wasn't before, I am deffinately hooked on smoking food now! It is now my plan to have a Weber Bullet this time next year!

Pictures will follow if anyone is interested.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason M:
Thanks Ray!

I think I might have an issue with a couple of racks being a little too tender. I think those will come off the grill here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you definitely have to be careful you don't overdo them or they'll come out with a consistency closer to pulled pork than ribs. I made 3 racks yesterday for a block party and they were huge racks (4+ lbs) because that's all Shoprite had. I overcompensated by cooking them an hour or so longer than usual and they definitely ended up a little mushy. No one seemed to mind though.

Back