First Time Chuck Roasts - First time Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been hanging out at BBQ forum for a couple of years and just reading the imput on this great site. Been using the WSM for a couple of years and just got my second one a couple of months ago. Ribs, chicken, and butts is what I do. I want to try the chuck roasts for a group of 16 people this coming Sunday..... I'm hoping to get the butcher to get me two 3" thick, 4-6# roasts. Will take them to 165* internal temp at a grill temp of 250* - 275*. Will use hickory and cherry wood and Kingsford. Sand in the pan. Will foil and then take them on up to 200* Plan to cook them on Saturday and serve them Sunday evening. I have a foodsaver. Should I "pull" them Saturday evening and refrigerate overnight, or wait till Sunday to pull the meat?

Good morning and welcome.

I've found it best to pull/shred the meat while it's still warm. It's easier to separate any remaining fat and other unwanted viscera before the meat cools and congeals.

Another benefit is having less mass to reheat when you're ready to serve. Pulling ahead of time also gives you a chance to sample and tweak the seasoning, should it be necessary.

A big pile of shredded beef sounds like a good thing to tuck into this weekend. I'd be tempted to make some myself if I wasn't going to the Royal instead.

Enjoy!

Ken

Hey welcome to the forum. Sounds like you came ready. As far as pulling your roast Sat or Sun, I've done it both ways with success. If you decide to wait, go ahead and cut it into chunks. That will make the reheat easier. At least I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back