first time catering

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris O
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris O

Hi:

I am fixing pulled pork for my Rotary club. I need to have it there by 7:00 a.m. but we won't eat until noon. Is it best to pull it at home and foil it and keep it warm, or should I not pull until I'm ready to serve. Thaks for your help.

they seem to pull better hot, if you have access to power at the serving location perhaps you could let butts rest an hour, pull, mix in electric crock pots with a little sauce to hold temp until noon

i vote for pulling it at home and warming it gently with a little apple juice/ rub comboa about 1 hr before serving (using sterno cans and a chafing dish if you have access to it.

I'm not sure what kind of facilities you have at the rotary club. I sliced brisket onsite but I had access to an alto-sham for warming.

Remember you have to either keep it stored refridgeratored at less than 45 degrees or warm at above 160 to prevent bacteria.

Good luck

I like to pull it and put in one or more of those large disposable roasting pans they sell at the grocery store. Mix in a little cider vinegar and rub for a little flavor and moisture and warm in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back