First Somke this week any tips?

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
I have smoked on charbroils before but what do I need to know about the WSM any tips I need to know. I am going to do RIB's.

Thanks
Rick

Rick

For technique, the absolute best place to start is at the top of this page. You'll see a number of tabs that will take you to non-forum sections, such as "cooking", "tips and modifications", etc. Within those you'll find great subsections dealing with all aspects of the WSM and many, many other topics. The founder, Chris, has done a great job and you or anyone else who doesn't avail themselves of this tool is doing himself a disservice.

Have a great cook.

Paul

If you're not already familiar with the Minion Method, make sure to check the description out elsewhere on the site.

As Paul says, the rest of the site has a wealth of info. I'd recommend the lighting and temp measurement & control sections, at minimum, for first-time WSM cookers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
Rick

For technique, the absolute best place to start is at the top of this page. You'll see a number of tabs that will take you to non-forum sections, such as "cooking", "tips and modifications", etc. Within those you'll find great subsections dealing with all aspects of the WSM and many, many other topics. The founder, Chris, has done a great job and you or anyone else who doesn't avail themselves of this tool is doing himself a disservice.

Have a great cook.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another vote for checking out what Chris has put together for WSM Newbies. We all were one at one point
icon_wink.gif
He did a great job!
Sonds like you do have smoking under your belt, so it should not take to long to get going.

I'd suggest you do the "BRITU" Best Ribs in the Universe from the cooking section and follow the great step by step instructions. I cut the salt by 50% but everything you need to know about the WSM is all provided on this great website.

Welcome aboard!
You should decide what type of ribs you want to make, britu, sweet, spicey, both or whatever then you can find a recipe on this site that seems close to your choice. I make mine different everytime and will untill I find just the right recipe. I got close this past weekend. Make your own rub or buy some, its all good.

Back