First Smoker Roadtrip, Possible Dent?

KEhrl

TVWBB Member
Hi Everyone,

This past week I had the opportunity to take my smoker on its first road trip. I was visiting my parents amid all of the Coronavirus panic and decided to bring the smoker since they've never had any of my barbecue before. We had two great feasts, one day we made a full brisket and a few days later we made ribs and pork belly!

Transporting both ways I wrapped the individual pieces in black plastic bags and towels in order to avoid potential damage and mess during transit in the trunk of my car. Putting the smoker back together today it looks like it came back unscathed, however I noticed a long indentation and rivet on the back of the smoker body. This is directly opposite where the door is. I think this is actually where the metal piece is fused together, as it looks uniform in nature. I am having no troubles putting the entire thing together. Is this something on everyone else's smoker? I am probably just noticing it now, have only had this thing for about a year. This is a WSM 14.

IMG_8953.jpg IMG_8954.jpg

Thanks!

Kyle

Yea, I think they stopped the weld a little short.
On my 18 and 22 I can see the seam and can barely feel a slight gap at the top of the lip. ( so slight I can only feel it with my fingernail)
I would keep an eye on it and if you notice any separation, call weber.

Tim

Back