First smoker on the way! (WSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Hays

TVWBB Platinum Member
Hey everyone, Just ordered my first smoker yesterday, a WSM or do we call it R2D2? Anyway, it should be here by Friday. Joined this unbelievably info filled and fact filled forum today - #900 ! ! ! ! ! Been reading much of the day today - Bordering on sensory overload!! So much to learn and only 3 days 'till the smoker gets here. There's a wealth of information here on this site and I'm looking forward to reaping the rewards of this FINE Forum
Good Q'n all! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Bruce and Dennis, Thanks for the welcome! Still trying to decide on the menu - leaning towards spare ribs and maybe chicken along with.
Are there alot of WNY'ers that are Q'ers Dennis? Just moved here from Orlando (the wife grew up here on the island - We're on W. River right across from Navy Island). Thanks again for the welcome and I'm looking forward to picking the brains of all the Q'ers out there!

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll find all the folks here to be helpful and very outgoing ! Like you, I'm from WNY. Actually, I'm just across the "mighty Niagara" in North Tonawanda. I'm a novice at this game but certainly willing to do the good student routine and "bone up" (or out)on all the good tips in the forums. If our WNY contingent keeps growing we'll have to sponsor a reunion of sorts for our fellow "Bullet Heads" in the area. There are plenty of nice parks to take advantage of around here or we could keep the Q' to ouselves, congregate in my backyard and hang out by the pool while we keep an eye on our edible art.

I'm sure you'll find R2D2 to be a welcome addition to the family.

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!............... Bill

Thanks Bill, As you read, I'm totally new to this and can use all the help I can get! Maybe all us WNY Bullet Heads can get together at one of those parks this summer - When does it start?? June??? /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Congrats Bill! I also recently picked up a WSM, (largely due to this great forum!).

The Weber is my first "Bullet" type smoker so once I master it I plan to try out my parents old ECB just for fun... They never use it, so I'd like to help them get started. I figure even if I can't get them into it, at least it will help me appreciate my new Weber! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-Rich

Good plan Rich - BTW, you've got a good # also!!! I just ordered some NU-701 remote thermometers and they'll be here Mon or Tue - That's when the fun begins!!!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back