First smoke so far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Start my brand new WSM this morning -15 and windy. So far It's running steady at 255 degree.

15hr to go.... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'll keep you post it

Sounds like all is going well! I'm quite a bit south of where you are (Virginia, USA) and it's a whopping 19 degrees F. here, heading towards a high of 32! Breezy here as well. I just fired up the WSM to do 3 racks of back ribs.
Let us know how your finished product turns out!

Wayne

Dang!! I thought 50 and cloudy was cold /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ! I am also smoking a couple of Butts while I sit on mine. Good luck, will keep up with your posts and see hoe it goes for you. Minion method?

Yes minion method.

Still going 245-250 /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Meat is at a plateau of 162. Right now the temp is -12 with a little snow.

Wow ...what a control I can have with it.

It went down around 232.Open the vent a little bit...and in a few minutes I'm back up at 250 .

But meat is still at 162 /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Yeah, that plateau can go on for a while. Don't fret, the meat is getting nice and tender. Some say that the longer you stay in that zone, the better your results will be.
I fought my temps for about 2 hours, finally got her holding steady at 250! Hope my ribs get done soon, I'm gettin' HUNGRY!

Wayne

Finally reach 195!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif about time...took 15 1/2 hr

I loved my first experience with the WSM and the ET-73 . I'm very surprised that it was so "easy" to keep a hot temp in the -12/-15 .

My ckicken wings are ready, the pull pork too!

Great superbowl sunday to all!

Cheers /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Last look I was at 240 and Cruzinnn..... And so was my WSM /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . Internal temp of Butt was 164.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back