First Smoke in my WSM **Final Thoughts**

Josh B

TVWBB Member
I have a Klose pit that I have smoked with a couple of times...

I bought 2 BB racks last week at Safeway when they were $2.99/lb. I purchased the Pork model of Rub With Love...didn't have time to make a rub today. Mustard on back, rub on front. Sat out for 3hrs with rub.

I followed/am following the beginner recipe(minus the rub/sauce) for BB's

WSM is steady at 275°, ribs went on about 15min ago in a Weber rib rack that I found at Goodwill for .99 cents.

I have the Brinkman water pan too BTW.

Wish me luck, I will update the thread as the evening progresses.

**Ribs were pulled out at about 2200 local time here in WA State.**

Bark was...bark, ends of ribs a little dry, maybe overcooked because meat fell off of bone. Very tasty none the less. Temps were ROCK SOLID at 275° the entire cook. Ribs were basted with apple juice starting 1hr before they were removed, per recipe. You can see in the pics how the ends/edges were a little dry.

Live and learn!
CIMG2561.JPG

CIMG2560.JPG

CIMG2562.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

ribs went on about 15min ago in a Weber rib rack that I found at Goodwill for .99 cents.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, big delay between reading your post and replying. Was tending the pit!

Good luck and show us some pics if ya can!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh B:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

ribs went on about 15min ago in a Weber rib rack that I found at Goodwill for .99 cents.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love a DEAL. Send pics.

Mark

Back