First Run on WSM

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, this weekend was my fist cook witht the WSM....

All I can say is WOW!!!!! For my first cook, I went for "The Renowned Mr. Brown" Butt.

I put the meat on at 11:00PM, and used the minion method. The cooked reached 250*f quickly...I adjusted the vents, and Like Magic.. the cooked stay pretty much between 240 and 255*f until the morning when I woke up. 10 hours later.. 190*f and she was done....

The Butt came out AMAZING, having and sharing it for lunch today at work... YUMMMMMM...

This thing is like magic the way you Set the Temp using the Vents then forget about it... I was fFloored and amazed at how this thing keeps rock solid temperature with out the need to add any fuel.

Can't wait for some ribs and Brisket...

You guys here are AWESOME!!!

-Craig

Im getting hungry just reading your post/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

am anticipating my first cook in a day or two and have a question.

when doing the overnight cook using TMM does the water run out, and if so is this ok?

thx. Dp

It probably will, and you can replenish it with hot water as necessary, or you could obtain the Brinkmann charcoal pan which-- used as a water pan-- greatly increases capacity.

Alternatively, some might tell you a pork butt has enough internal fat that the water is not critical, nor even necessary for moisture retention.

If you feel you don't need water for moisture, the water pan filled with sand and covered with foil is a convenient alternative in terms of heat regulation and easy clean-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back