First Run and the Ribs that resulted.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have a pretty amazing girlfriend. For our three year anniversary she got me a Weber 22 1/2 inch kettle, a WSM, a Maverick ET-73 thermometer, and 30 pounds of smoking wood. It doesn't get any better than that.

I just wanted to share a couple of pics from the first run.

First run on the WSM

I just wanted to extend a warm thanks to all the people on this board. I have been lurking for over a year just soaking up knowledge and awaiting the chance to put some of it to use. I am in your debt. If anybody wants to head to Minneapolis, I will glady try to repay you in BBQ and a couple beers.

Thanks again for making my first outing on the WSM a success. Next up is brisket. I haven't had a good brisket since I left Texas. Now I can remedy that situation..heh.

Rob G.

Rob G

Glad to have you officially aboard. If you've been visiting this Board for a year, you already know a lot. However, your "hands on" with the WSM will take you to a new level. Hopefully your girlfriend won't get too jealous. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Paul

Congratulations on a successful maiden voyage.

Since you're nearby, why not swing by the Minnesota in May contest at the Isanti County Fairgrounds in Cambridge on May 14th and 15th and see where your new toys may lead you next?

There will be a few bullets among the 30-40 teams there. I'll be there with mine if my new smoker isn't back from the welder after having a makeover performed on it.

Ken

Rob,

#1. And you haven't married her yet?

#2. Gonna give you a pass cuz the ribs look great! and, I know that your choice of the wood probably came with the gift. But if you are going to do a brisket, you gotta chunk that "girly man" wood and git you some hickory or oak!

#3. If I head all the way up to the frozen tundra, I expect more then a "couple of beers"

#4. All the above done LOL. I will bring my own brew and we can talk brisket!
P.S. Butts are better, and welcome to the Forum

Mike

I'd rather somebody gift me 30 pounds of apple, cherry and white oak than cheap, ubiquitous old hickory anyday.

Doug,

Got to admit I was puzzled about ubiquitous, so I went to Mr. Webster. I think I got it now. Reckon it applies to hickory.

Do understand gifts. Reckon we kind of alike after looking at your website. If it ain't free we buy and smoke with ole ubiquitous. LOL

BTW. Never had no gourmet sausage. How does that compare with hot guts?

Mike

Speaking of ubiquitous, where do you guys get these "other" woods. All I tend to see is hickory and mesquite (but I can't say I've really looked, but that's what at the local grocery stores, etc...

Entry Word: ubiquitous
Function: adjective
Text: Synonyms OMNIPRESENT, allover, universal
: existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered : WIDESPREAD

Bassil's Ace Hardware for cherry, apple, peach, maple, oak-- 2 pounds, $4.50. Academy Sports for 40+ pound bags of pecan or hickory, $10. 10 lb. hickory and mesquite, $4, Walmart.

I have looked all over my area for apple wood. Guess Ill have to order from the net. I have found pellets and wonder if anyone has used them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back