First rehab Silver A frame question

RalfO

Picked up a craigslist listing for $20. Repainted box and light rust spots on frame, etc. I’ve remounted the cook box using SS bolt on the left but I noticed the right side of box has lots of back to front play. Frame seems straight and cross members solid so not sure if this is normal. Some of the surface rust that was on the frame is where the cookbox standoffs sit on frame so worried that opening and closing lid will only cause these points to rust again from box sliding back and forth.
Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Yep no problem. Slide the burners in first........then install your manifold making sure the ends slide into new burner tubes at the same time they slide over the bolts to secure them to the cook box......then put the nuts on......then put the manifold support rods in their places.......and your ready to roll

I was thinking a guy could drill a hole through the frame on the back into and through the cook box and drop a bolt in there and that would surely secure it. But, I really don't think you should have to do that unless the frame was manufactured wrong or something like that.
I agree with Jim that once you install the burners and manifold, it will cinch up well.

Back