First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Chavez

TVWBB Fan
Hello I just joined this forum and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mike I live in Eastern Virginia. I'm 45 with grand children who by the way love to chew them rib bones. I have been cooking most of my life and cooking out doors almost as long. I own several cookers of various types. I just ordered my first WSM from this web site. They say I sould recieve it by Nov. 7 or 8 can't wait. I have not had trouble maintaining temps. However using Minion method I can only get 4 hours max with my Brinkman smoke king. Then have to mess with the charcoal pan. I'm looking forward to long slow cooks with the WSM I have been following the Kansas City forum for a while and read nothing but good things about the WSM Thats enough for now looking forward to future posts.

Welcome to the board Mike! It sounds like you're an experienced BBQ'er already, and I'm sure looking forward to your insights. There are a lot of smart folks here, and it's been a lot of fun to be a part of. Good luck with your WSM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pat good to know you. I believe that I can hold my own when it comes to Q'n I like to make my own rubs, mops, and sauces too. I think that experimenting with that is as much fun as the act it self. But as they say "It's all good" LOL As a matter of fact I just found spares at .99 a lb today and picked up about 22 lbs total. Going to fight the cold this week end and fix em up. Also need to make a big ole pot of seafood chowder to warm the soul. Well thats all for now. Take care.

Mike, when you finish with your first cook on the WSM, I would be interested in your perception of differences in it and other grills, smokers, etc. that you have used. My only real experience has been with the standard grill and an ECB, so I'm interested to hear what your thoughts are. Happy cooking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back