First grill on the Ranch Kettle

Tomas Bjornerback

TVWBB Member
Hi All,

I just want to announce that the premiere grilling (and BBQing) on the Ranch Kettle is presently ongoing.
I bought it used, in not brilliant condition, but not in bad condition either (apart from a few rust stains in the porcelain). Does anyone know how to fix them or if Weber will honor their 10 year warranty system? Or if this is not a "hole through" so it's not eligible...

Anyway, it's nice to be cooking for Easter and trying out a new (totally overkill) grill!

We grilled chicken filets, chicken legs (big ones, so I'd like to call it a hen leg, not a chicken leg) and low & slow:ing two chunks of meat (can't remember the English name) filled with plum.

NIIIICE!

Happy Easter!!

ps. Doing American Pancakes on the grill is excellent!

Congrats on the new grill and sounds like your having a lot of fun trying it out. Any pics of your cooks? We like pics.

Sure Thing!

These are from today. It's me on the left and my wife's sisters husband to the right.

We still have quite a bit of snow, 40 cm or so (1-1.5 foot). Around 0°C.

DSC01293.JPG

DSC01298.JPG

I'm not a big fan of thermometers even when they are there I trust the palm of my hand more. Meat shadow can throw off the thermometer reading. Two full Weber Chimney of Kingsford (Can you get that in Sweden) one on each side runs 325f (163c) with all vents wide open.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
I'm not a big fan of thermometers even when they are there I trust the palm of my hand more. ...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. Now if someone would just invent a remote control hand...
icon_biggrin.gif

Back