First day

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hi all...as I sit here in rainy central Canada I can smell the smoke from my WSM coming thru my windows...this is my first day with the smoker and I am attempting a brisket. I am writing ths so others may benefit from my experience. I marinated my brisket for 48 hours in a large ziplock baggy. I started one chimney of Big Green Egg charcoal and discovered that it burns really fast and hot and virtually disappeared in 90 mins. I ran off to the local hardware store and have now topped up with Kingsford (should've gone there first) I foiled the bottom of the water pan, and I am now about 1/2 hour from putting the brisket on. I will update as I go along. And yes, we Canadians like meat....lots of meat....it keeps us warm when it's cold (which is about 10 months of the year)

Sooooooo--how is your cook going? And what did you use for a marinade?

[We Floridians like meat, too. It reminds us that there are those out there that like because they're cold 10 months of the year.
icon_smile.gif
]

I did two chickens today to break the ice on my new WSM. Wife and daughter agree it was better than ECB chickens. They came out great and looked good too. Corn on the cob roasted over coals and my wife's cole slaw went real well the chix.

Back