First Cook with New NU-TEMP THERMS

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Started 3 racks of Baby Back Ribs at 1:30pm, I am using the brand new Nu-Temp remote digital probe therm for the first time.

I have no idea why I hesitated to buy this thermometer. It definitely would have been great for those overnighters the past two years.

I'm using two sensor probes today, 1 measuring lid temps the other measuring top grate temps. The WSM is on my driveway in front of the garage and I'm in the house on the computer with the main unit on the desk in front of me.

Lid has been pegged at 249 and top grate at 232 for the past 40 minutes. The temps update about every 30 seconds. Great piece of equipment.

Glad you like it. I have had no problems with mine and love it but for one issue, I wish there was a switch, or the batteries easier to get to so you could turn it off when not in use. They do make life easier don't they?!
icon_biggrin.gif

I agree Bob with the switch thing, that's alright though, when not in use I have one in my refrig in the basement, one in my daughters room (she's always cold), and one in the family room. I keep the main unit on my computer desk.

Back