first chuck roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick response!!! One even called on the telephone. I cut in half rubbed with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Put on at 3 PM , now 7 pm and internal is about 120. WSM temp is 217. May bump it up to 225. The gru is really good. What I like is when you take lid off to peek it puts temp up in minutes and stablizes right away. Some kickory and apple wood.
Plan to rest it like someone suggested. We go to church at 8:45 so hope it hits 200 by then. If it doesnt it will give me the chance to use the H. G. Seelbach knife with 12 in blade I picked up at a garage sale today for $3. A month ago I paid 50 cents for a Wustof Trident with a 9 in blade. Talk about run away inflation!
The reason I started new thread is when I hit reply it shuts Internet Explorer down. Did so the last 10 times.
Daniel in "Lankcuster"
my wife is not the least bit worried about me laying an egg but with 4 familys coming...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The reason I started new thread is when I hit reply it shuts Internet Explorer down. Did so the last 10 times. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank our best friend Bill Gates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Stoltzfus:
...What I like is when you take lid off to peek....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, now...you aint spost to be peekin'!!!!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... WSM temp is 217 ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hi Daniel, if you want it done by 10am tomorrow, I think you should bump the temp up to around 235F - 240F. I'm not 100% certain it will finish in time even at 240F but you will stand a much better chance. Don't go much higher than that though or you won't be doing low 'n slow anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back