first chuck roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, you folks talked me into doing a chuch roll. $1.99 a lb at Costcos. 22 lbs. Want to use fresh ground black peppper and sea salt. 2:18 now and plan to eat at 12 noon tomorrow. Have a WSM with a guru. Any suggestions? We invited 4 familys so I am under pressure.
Daniel 656-7270 Leola

Daniel, I hope the CR is already on the WSM
icon_confused.gif
. If not you might want to get it on there quick if you want to eat at noon.
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

cut it in half, that should help you get it done in time AND give you more bark .... you need to get it on ASAP ... in fact I might be tempted to throw the pieces in a 250F oven right now while you wait for your cooker to get to temp/assemble your cooker

You will want them done to 200F - 205F by say 10:00am at the latest tomorrow, wrap tightly in saran wrap, then foil, lay them in a cooler, cover with towels or blankets, lid the cooler, leave it until 11:40am then pull for lunch.

If you were able to get it on by 3 that gives you 19 hours cooking time. If it takes longer, still try to rest it at least an hour before pulling the meat.

If you're done earlier, you can hold the meat for many hours in the cooler this way (above 140F for food safety) and it will benefit from the increased resting time.

Good luck Daniel, hope you have fun and let us know how it came out for ya.

That bad boy will take close to 24 hours. My first roll was 18.75 pounds and took 24 hours. They will wait and be happy they waited after they taste it. Good luck Daniel and enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back