First Chuck Roll for my B-Day...

Jefferey

TVWBB Member
Can anybody give me thoughts from you experience doing one? I've read what Chris has posted and will use that as a baseline...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinny B.:
I cook them exactly the same as briskets. They come out amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jefferey:
Can anybody give me thoughts from you experience doing one? I've read what Chris has posted and will use that as a baseline... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cook in the smoke until you get an internal temp of around 165º, then foil and continue to cook until tender, NOT by temperature. I generally begin checking for doneness around 190º-195º. Chuck roasts can be very stubborn........you should be able to insert a probe all the way through with ease and insert and twist a fork like you're twirling spaghetti when they are done.

Thanks guys! I got this sucker at Cash and Carry this afternoon. It didn't show a weight but the sign said avg. weight 19 lbs. so I picked one of the smaller ones and it weighed 24 lbs. Only a buck seventy eight per Lb. ain't too bad and it's a choice cut.
Holy Crap that's a lot of meat! Ended up cutting it in half and I put Wolfe Rub Bold on one and Texas brisket blend on the other.
She went on about 7pm with lazzari mesquite lump and a large branch of apple wood.
Will follow orders Larry and thanks for the advice -
Hope to get pics of these when they are pulled tomorrow. Got the bigger hunk on bottom shelf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jefferey:
Thanks guys! I got this sucker at Cash and Carry this afternoon. It didn't show a weight but the sign said avg. weight 19 lbs. so I picked one of the smaller ones and it weighed 24 lbs. Only a buck seventy eight per Lb. ain't too bad and it's a choice cut.
Holy Crap that's a lot of meat! Ended up cutting it in half and I put Wolfe Rub Bold on one and Texas brisket blend on the other.
She went on about 7pm with lazzari mesquite lump and a large branch of apple wood.
Will follow orders Larry and thanks for the advice -
Hope to get pics of these when they are pulled tomorrow. Got the bigger hunk on bottom shelf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two good moves!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back