First Chicken Pieces Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Got two racks full of chicken thighs and legs rubbed with Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Dumped one full chimeny of lit Kingsford into chamber, then added 1/2 chamber of Royal Oak 100% hardwaood charcoal, waited for it to ash over. Assembled cooker, foiled, empty ECB pan, added chicken and smoke wood(3 cherry, 1 apple), WSM climbed to 260* at lid and 242* at top grate. Has been there for the psst 50 minutes, hasn't moved. All vents 100% open. I love this cooker for the temp control!!!!!!! Can't wait to try the chicken. ANYTHING I"M DOING WRONG????? Oh, I almost forgot...plenty of adult beverages!

Hey Bruce, Anything wrong? Heck no! Adult beverages will do fine! I guess your probly done how was it? I try to run the cooker at around 300* for chicken, it makes the skin edible.
Dave

Dave,

My cooker climbed to 250 at the beginning and went between 250 to 280 all cook. Hadtop grate temps between 242-255 all cook. Chicken was done in 2:45. I was kind of surprised it was done so soon, actually I could have taken it off a little earlier. I sauced it and placed it on the Weber gas grill for about 10 minutes. It was really good. The boneless thighs were a little dry, they weren't real big or thick. All in all I would give it an 8 out of 10.
Nice day for Q'en, 44*, no wind, cold beer, what more could you ask. Talk to ya soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back