First Camping Trip With New Go-Anywhere Gas

MichaelLC

TVWBB Pro
Took my new GoAnywhere camping this weekend.

Tricked it out with an aftermarket flavorizer bar and grill gates and did a short burn at home just to make sure I knew how to set it up but otherwise first cooking was at camp.

First attempt I was definitely asking too much of it with the coffee and cast iron. Any tips for making coffee? I filled it with 8cups which was still not a boil after hours.
PXL_20220709_125812557.jpg

Learned my lesson for the next breakfast and just did heavy foil trays for the bacon. That worked great, did the same with reheating ribs at night.
PXL_20220710_130246048.jpg

Also made some burgers and sausages just right on the grates and those did great. Tons of grease though from the hamburgers.
PXL_20220709_005525152.jpg

Any tips or suggestions much appreciated. Really liked it, just got to remember it's not a 22" kettle. Also I assume hotspots are just a matter of course?

The picture of the burgers looks like exactly what it is designed for.
The picture the bacon on the foil looks like a good adaptation.
Regarding the first picture, your coffee pot is obviously designed for a round burner. If you need to make coffee on the GoAnywhere, you should build a windshield all the way around and use two round pots or (even better), a rectangular pot that captures more of the heat. Use lids.

I like the chimney idea. We often have fire restrictions that only allow gas or propane.

The picture of the burgers looks like exactly what it is designed for.
The picture the bacon on the foil looks like a good adaptation.
Regarding the first picture, your coffee pot is obviously designed for a round burner. If you need to make coffee on the GoAnywhere, you should build a windshield all the way around and use two round pots or (even better), a rectangular pot that captures more of the heat. Use lids.

Thanks.

Yeah it's just a basic percolator. I've used it on a straight up fire and on a Smokey Joe.

I like the burner thing mentioned here.

EDIT: Darnit, Scott. I think you just made me buy a second grill. :p

Last edited:
The burner thing is delightfully simple and effective. However, it doesn't work well in the wind, nothing with propane works in extreme cold, and it is very prone to tipping over and spilling the coffee.

Back