First Burn a Total Success!! Tastiest Ribs i've Ever Had!

Andrew S. B.

TVWBB Member
A continuation from this thread:
My Thread from this Morning

My first smoke turned out way better than i could ever imagine! I did a slab for saint-louis style pork spare ribs, rubed with BBQ Rib Rub (McCormick brand?), for about 5 and a half hours at 250F lid temperature with a little bit of hickory as smoke wood, and turning at 3hrs, just like the spare ribs on the cooking page of this website. The WSM easily kept 250F for the full 5 hours without any adjustments to the vents.
Incredible!

I added some Bone Suckin Sauce 10 mins before taking the ribs off, wrapped it in foil for 15 mins, and had a taste with my parents... Incredible! The meat was so juciy and tender with a delicious sweet glaze from the BBQ sauce, it blew your socks off with everybite. It was the most tender and juicy meat i have ever had!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOU HELP!

Here are some pics from today:

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Sorry, no pics of the finished product... it was gone too fast!

Awesome! Glad the ribs turned out well. I'll never forget the first time I had BRITU ribs from the WSM...I was like so THIS is what good ribs taste like! Don't you love it when the WSM just goes on cruise control at 250? Nothin' better.

Boy thats an awfully New and Shiny looking piece of equiptment you got there. I remember when mine looked like that. By the end of summer that baby will look used and you will have great stories to tell. Good luck , keep smokin'

Back