First Brisket--Sucess!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hello All,

I have been reading this site for months now and this past weekend I finally tried my first brisket on WSM!

It came out wonderfully and thanks to the authors of the excellent articles on this site!

A few observations:
1. I only had the flat cut (it was all they had at BJ's club) next time I will do a full brisket assuming I can find one.
2. I was unprepared for how quickly the brisket temp climbed to 160F. I thought it was going to be done so quickly and I would have no-one around to eat it!
3. When you guys talk about the temperature plateau you mean it! It stayed a very long time between 160 and 170.
4 When it was finished (I took it off at 192F) the crust or bark was not as crispy as I would have liked but it was very tasty. Anything you would recommend to improve this?
5. When you slice the brisket after coming of is it normal to leave the fat cap on or slice it off before slicing the pieces? I might have left a little too much fat on.

Thanks again to this site we had a great time sharing the brisket, can't wait to do another!

Eric

there are other here to tell you how to serve you brisket. I juest wanted to give you a big thumbs up for your first cook!

Back