First brisket sale of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferny

For those of you in that live in the DFW area...Albertson's and Kroger both briskets for 99 cents/lb. The sale runs through Tuesday.

Ferny - since you're new to the board I'll be gentle. PLEASE dont tease!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Here in the northeast a brisket still runs around $3.99/lb. Needless to say we don't cook 'em quite as often as we'd like to.

Here in Kentucky, squirrel is $12.11 a lb, and possum grits arent cheap neither! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Actually, prices around here arent that great. The few briskets I have found are as high as baby back ribs.3.99-4.99 lb.
DP

I paid 3.99/lb for my first brisket, then 4.29 for the second, then for some reason my big 15.5 lb-er was only 1.99/lb, even tho it came from the same store as the first one. But I do think it was a different brand and maybe a different quality.

Hey, Russ! You'll have to really look around and dig but I'll bet you can find a better price than $3.99/lb for brisket. The local Kroger's wants to charge that much and that's partly because the brisket is super trimmed (Gotta charge more since there is no fat - which is needed to baste the meat). A while back, I called around to the super walmart stores and I could either order a case of $1.18/lb choice briskets from the local wally or drive half an hour for $1.40/lb choice (which I could buy one at a time). I chose to order the case and freeze'm. Give it a try!

I was gonna say I priced brisket this weekend and tis over $4 a pound, and the things are huge. The cheapest I can find spares for is $1.69 and baby backs are $3.99 per lb.

Hmmm....Im off to Houston on the 26th....wonder if I could smuggle a few briskets back with me. Maybe dress them up & pretend theyre babies...LOL

Jim -- I think last week and this are tough weeks for brisket in the northeast -- remember it is passover. I suspect prices will decline soon.

I hate to pile on, but I just found an 11# brisket (choice) for $.59/lb. Texas does have its advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back