First beer can chicken on the WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
The first shot was a huge success. After reading all the posts I was very interested in seeing how the skin would turn out. It was actually very good and very crispy. Brined the chicken in old bay, salt and water, then rubbed with seasoned salt and black pepper and onto the can. Filled the can half with beer a sprig of rosemary and two garlic cloves. The results were great. Thanks again for everyones posts.

That sounds good to me Jim. May have to try one soon. How much (if any) did the cooking time change vs just having a bird on a roasting rack?

Dont know...this is the first whole bird Ive done, just done thighs before but I have to say it finished as fast if not faster than in the oven. And I pulled it at 165 instead of 160, had the ADD kicking in and wasnt paying attention.

Wife's response was "see if you did chicken more often I wouldnt mind Q every weekend." There ya have it...every other weekend its gonna be chicken.

Jim,
How can you go wrong?....... Beer, chicken, Old Bay = happy wife! You are a lucky man, doing something you like and it makes your wife happy in the process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back