First Baby Back Ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I have had my WSM since March 07. I have done several Butts, Spares, Meat Loaf, Chicken, Country Style Ribs. I used the 3-2-1 method with the spares.

For the 4th I decided to do something special, I did the BRITU. I followed everything except I used hickory and pecan, and i used a sauce that I found in the Real Grilling book.

I did 3 racks of Baby Backs and it took me about 4.5hrs. They were a beautiful thing. I did not wrap them like I had done with the spares. The spare I had done were extreamly tender, I mean fall off the bone. These had a very nice texture that I liked much better. They were very tender and pulled cleanly from the bone. They and a very nice smoke color and taste. I think I could have put a little more rub on them, I was afraid to put too much, next time I will put more.

My wife and son(5yo) didnt like them as much as they liked the 3-2-1 spares I had done before. They liked the texture of the spares wraped in foil. But to me these were what I think of when you say Baby Back Ribs.

I recently did my first baby backs BRITU style and everyone raved about how great they were. I thought they were really good, but I don't like wet ribs. I usually prefer spares, but I have had such a difficult time cooking them lately.

Definitely more baby backs in my future. I wonder how well the BRITU recipe will work on spares?

I have used the BRITU recipe on both baby backs and spares and had good success with both. I have also used the leftover BRITU rub on pork chops that I have thrown on the grill....it lends a nice flavor that the wife loves.
Enjoy

Back